Hertz is to give the chance to hoon around London Town in an e-car for just four quid an hour. The catch: you have to join the rental company's Connect by Hertz pay-as-you-go club. Membership cost £50 a year even if you never drive one of the firm's cars. Hertz Connect iMiEV Eye-MiEV Sign up, though, and you can now hire a …
4 quid an hour in London?
So about 5 quid per mile then?
Obvious choice if you're only driving round London given the congestion charge
However they'd have done better if they offered a swap service so that (if you're going on a long drive) you could swap to a regular car and not worry about running out of petrol.
It's a start.
But *only* just.
Think this beats it...
'Course, if you don't mind driving in a car that advertises "I've got a Big Whopper (jr) with frenchies on the side".
Still, no publicity is - well, no publicity.
Congestion charge not much of an issue
Both Hertz Connect and Streetcar (which I use, and has many more cars in London than Hertz) pay the congestion charge for you, on all your bookings anyway. So, choosing one of these electric ones won't make any difference at all.
If you're supposed to "return it with a full tank" do you have to pay for the time spent at the charging post?
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED