Hertz is to give the chance to hoon around London Town in an e-car for just four quid an hour. The catch: you have to join the rental company's Connect by Hertz pay-as-you-go club. Membership cost £50 a year even if you never drive one of the firm's cars. Hertz Connect iMiEV Eye-MiEV Sign up, though, and you can now hire a …
4 quid an hour in London?
So about 5 quid per mile then?
Obvious choice if you're only driving round London given the congestion charge
However they'd have done better if they offered a swap service so that (if you're going on a long drive) you could swap to a regular car and not worry about running out of petrol.
It's a start.
But *only* just.
Think this beats it...
'Course, if you don't mind driving in a car that advertises "I've got a Big Whopper (jr) with frenchies on the side".
Still, no publicity is - well, no publicity.
Congestion charge not much of an issue
Both Hertz Connect and Streetcar (which I use, and has many more cars in London than Hertz) pay the congestion charge for you, on all your bookings anyway. So, choosing one of these electric ones won't make any difference at all.
If you're supposed to "return it with a full tank" do you have to pay for the time spent at the charging post?
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth