Apple has poached Microsoft's data centre general manager Kevin Timmons, as Jobs' outfit gets serious about clouds. He is still listed as working at Microsoft as the company's data centre services boss on his LinkedIn account. Timmons only joined the software vendor in June 2009, so his departure - first reported by the Green …
Last time I looked, Dave Cutler's VMS^H^H^HWinNT worked nothing like BSD^H^H^HApple's OSX ... Presumably, Timmons is a manager, and totally clueless about what goes on down in the trenches.
Might be fun to watch, if for nothing more than giggles :-)
Hope he enjoys being ass-whipped by Jobs.
as opposed to?
As opposed to having chairs whipped at him by monkeyboy?
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search