Apple has poached Microsoft's data centre general manager Kevin Timmons, as Jobs' outfit gets serious about clouds. He is still listed as working at Microsoft as the company's data centre services boss on his LinkedIn account. Timmons only joined the software vendor in June 2009, so his departure - first reported by the Green …
Last time I looked, Dave Cutler's VMS^H^H^HWinNT worked nothing like BSD^H^H^HApple's OSX ... Presumably, Timmons is a manager, and totally clueless about what goes on down in the trenches.
Might be fun to watch, if for nothing more than giggles :-)
Hope he enjoys being ass-whipped by Jobs.
as opposed to?
As opposed to having chairs whipped at him by monkeyboy?
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK