Apple has poached Microsoft's data centre general manager Kevin Timmons, as Jobs' outfit gets serious about clouds. He is still listed as working at Microsoft as the company's data centre services boss on his LinkedIn account. Timmons only joined the software vendor in June 2009, so his departure - first reported by the Green …
Last time I looked, Dave Cutler's VMS^H^H^HWinNT worked nothing like BSD^H^H^HApple's OSX ... Presumably, Timmons is a manager, and totally clueless about what goes on down in the trenches.
Might be fun to watch, if for nothing more than giggles :-)
Hope he enjoys being ass-whipped by Jobs.
as opposed to?
As opposed to having chairs whipped at him by monkeyboy?
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Experimental hypersonic SUPERMISSILE destroyed 4 SECONDS after US launched it
- That 8TB Seagate MONSTER? It's HERE... (You'll have to squint, 'cos there are no specs)