Apple has poached Microsoft's data centre general manager Kevin Timmons, as Jobs' outfit gets serious about clouds. He is still listed as working at Microsoft as the company's data centre services boss on his LinkedIn account. Timmons only joined the software vendor in June 2009, so his departure - first reported by the Green …
Last time I looked, Dave Cutler's VMS^H^H^HWinNT worked nothing like BSD^H^H^HApple's OSX ... Presumably, Timmons is a manager, and totally clueless about what goes on down in the trenches.
Might be fun to watch, if for nothing more than giggles :-)
Hope he enjoys being ass-whipped by Jobs.
as opposed to?
As opposed to having chairs whipped at him by monkeyboy?
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job