back to article Help desk tools for Windows shops

Getting managed desktops under control is all about getting some distance; you need to get away from expensive, time-consuming deskside visits. Self service for common issues like password replacement will save you a lot of calls and you can take advantage of the Windows 7 Troubleshooting Platform which gives you a user- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Stupid question?

One thing that has always troubled me with remote access on the corporate lan has been that our Windows desktops are configured via group policy to automatically lock after a few minutes. When connecting remotely to a users desktop, is there a way to login to that users profile without knowing their password or having to ask them to login? (Sure I can access their hard drive via administrative shares, but not their running profile directly).

Seems to me that the administrator account should be able to login either as administrator or as a specified user without logging out the current account. I mean I can sudo to another user on linux so am I missing something obvious in Windows?

Posted annon in case this is screamingly obvious and I am being an idiot...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums