back to article Australia might need the NBN, but the OECD data is meaningless

No, please no, not another argument about whose position the OECD broadband data supports. This happens every time there's an OECD data release, or even when there's no release, but merely a statement about the last data. It starts, as always, with a political interpretation of OECD broadband data. Since this is practically …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neoc

Erm...

"...take one of two possible approaches to the ministerial statement: write it into a story without further research or revision; call the minister’s opposite number for a formal refutation; or call some analysts for interpretation of the OECD data."

Beggin' your pardon, but I count 3 options, not 2: (1) do no research, (2) call the opposition, (3) call an analyst.

1. Richard Chirgwin (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Erm...

Thanks! My editing error (I wrote three, then corrected myself into a mistake).

2. flibbertigibbet
    Thumb Up

ta

Thanks for writing this up. I guess I should not be surprised at how easy it is to draw the wrong assumptions from the data, but I am.

3. Il Midga di Macaroni
    Grenade

Malcolm Turnbull is a waste of perfectly good oxygen

He really is the weakest link in the Opposition. If the nation is to be saved the burden of $50bn of debt, we need a better comms spokesperson - and let's face it, Conroy should be a complete pushover!

1. John Angelico
      Stop

In fact...

Malcolm Turnbull's comments need to be simplified down to:

a) how <i>much</i> did you say it would cost? <b>$A27billion</b>

b) how much will this investment improve inbound traffic from USA, Europe etc? <b>NIL</b>

c) therefore how much will 100Mbit connections improve throughput? <b>Not a whit!</b>

<i><b>HAHAHAHAHA!</i></b>

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like