back to article When information sharing goes wrong

One of the most troubling phone calls I have ever received was from the irate managing director of an IT reseller. I was working as a channel manager for a major software company at the time and the complaint was that we had a leak. Extreme carelessness After a bit of investigation, we figured out what had happened. A few …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

true, but useful

If you're one of many companies making presentations, and you don't erase the board using Windex/409/etc, you didn't plan well enough.

I have been in conference rooms where the previous presenter's notes have still been on the board and my first question to the client is 'Can I erase this?' This does several things: 1) gets the previous presenter, (and their flawed logic :) ,completely out of view if not out of their mind, 2) gets me close-up to read what was left (or marginally wiped), 4) provides unquantifiable bonus points in the eyes of the security concious when, at the end of my presentation, I erase my own board.

Note: if you have a choice, and they're all bold colors, use the ones that erase most eficiently. You don't want to spend more time trying to erase process flow changes than you did drawing them.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like