A French hacker who boasted of breaking into the systems of a government security contractor on national television has suffered some unsurprising consequences. The alleged miscreant, identified only as Carl, appeared on a programme called Complément d'enquête (Further Investigation) to demonstrate how he broke into the network …
I think the title sums it up...
Agreed. If you're going to brag ...
... make sure there's no way on Earth anyone can find evidence against you.
"recovered credit card and bank account data from his computer"
1. That just makes him a common thief, not a hacker.
2. The thing about Anonymous is well, you know, they are anonymous ...
3. wtf - never heard of encryption? Your most sensitive operations should be running on portable computers with read-only OS on removable media (no HDD) or at least OS-encrypted (e.g. Bitlocker/FileVault) boot HD volume, encrypted (e.g. multiple Truecrypt/Axcrypt/Bestcrypt) removable media for your most sensitive data, like easily swallowed SD cards, and Predator/usb-key locked screens if you walk away from the machine for any reason. All passwords should be different with 20+ chars with random characters. One should not use excerpts or modifications of publically printed press since it is well known government agencies have swallowed entire national libraries whole, e.g. US Library of Congress (including multiple languages).
Looks like Darwin wins again: one less wannabe polluting the pool!
Everyone knows Darwin has a very specific meaning. your usage is incorrect. Carl is still very much Available to the Gene Pool. What's worse is that Prison Lags tend to Pollute faster...
Everyone knows/your usage is incorrect
Anyone else grinning as much as I am over that comment?
Every one here knows?
Noobs need correcting?
Should it just have been awarded the worst Darwin Ever?
That is all
from water ?
i don't get it.
When you get it, you may well say it yourself
unless you've never seen the Simpsons
What does "member of Anonymous" mean, anyway?
Posted on /b once?
I guess that means that i'm Anonymous too, but I doubt it.
"claimed to be a member of Anonymous"
He hasn't really got the hang of that has he?
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers
- NSFW vid LOHAN chap hooks up with busty stratominx in cosmic pleasure cruise