When you're an organisation the size of the Royal Mail, there comes a point when you really have to stop and take stock of the IT operations. Reg reader Adrian Steel, from the Royal Mail, did this in 2008 and noted the state of their infrastructure. More than 30,000 users with multiple email systems, not enough bandwidth or …
...whilst in the cloud, can you look for all the missing parcels and birthday cards.
To any commentards intending to make sarky remarks about this story:
Never criticise the Post Office
One day, they may find out where you live.
He's a genius
Adrian is a genius - had the pleasure of working with him for years and doubt there are many out there with his nack for technical knowledge alongside his management capability!
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip