One of the most complex aspects of desktop virtualisation is working out what to do with all the users' data. Sizing and planning storage infrastructures to support hundreds or thousands of remotely-hosted desktops is a daunting prospect, especially to those who have relied heavily on local PC hard drives in the past. What is …
These VDI storage articles get better each time. Well done! Yep, WhipTail can be that "black box SSD storage array" for the high IO Operating Systems portion of the storage that will save users about $500k for every 1,000 users on the overall project. For around $30/user.
Then simply put the rest onto your current storage platform and you're done!
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can