One of the most complex aspects of desktop virtualisation is working out what to do with all the users' data. Sizing and planning storage infrastructures to support hundreds or thousands of remotely-hosted desktops is a daunting prospect, especially to those who have relied heavily on local PC hard drives in the past. What is …
These VDI storage articles get better each time. Well done! Yep, WhipTail can be that "black box SSD storage array" for the high IO Operating Systems portion of the storage that will save users about $500k for every 1,000 users on the overall project. For around $30/user.
Then simply put the rest onto your current storage platform and you're done!
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015