One of the most complex aspects of desktop virtualisation is working out what to do with all the users' data. Sizing and planning storage infrastructures to support hundreds or thousands of remotely-hosted desktops is a daunting prospect, especially to those who have relied heavily on local PC hard drives in the past. What is …
These VDI storage articles get better each time. Well done! Yep, WhipTail can be that "black box SSD storage array" for the high IO Operating Systems portion of the storage that will save users about $500k for every 1,000 users on the overall project. For around $30/user.
Then simply put the rest onto your current storage platform and you're done!
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer