Novell has grabbed all the latest snippets of code suitable for patching up its SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 operating system and rolled them into Service Pack 4. This is the last Service Pack planned for version 10 of the desktop and server platform. SUSE Linux Enterprise 10, in desktop and server editions, was launched in July …
Red Hat's revenge?
Can you relate Novell's 'rolling all of the updates together' to Red Hat's move earlier this year to stop releasing individual updates?
What it sounded like to me was that every update is going to be a cumulative update. Someone with SLES10 should compare the Novell update with the Red Hat update just to determine the cost of running sed against the file to change the name.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?