Novell has grabbed all the latest snippets of code suitable for patching up its SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 operating system and rolled them into Service Pack 4. This is the last Service Pack planned for version 10 of the desktop and server platform. SUSE Linux Enterprise 10, in desktop and server editions, was launched in July …
Red Hat's revenge?
Can you relate Novell's 'rolling all of the updates together' to Red Hat's move earlier this year to stop releasing individual updates?
What it sounded like to me was that every update is going to be a cumulative update. Someone with SLES10 should compare the Novell update with the Red Hat update just to determine the cost of running sed against the file to change the name.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers