Microsoft has delivered updated Azure software, while extending an offer that allows for free use of its so-called development cloud. On Tuesday, Microsoft updated its Windows Azure SDK to simplify the migration, management, and deployment of IIS Web Server applications and servers to the online service. And in the next month, …
Just make the freebie permanent
I'm playing around with a site/mobile app idea right now. I have no idea whether it'll take off, so I don't really want to stump up a load of cash. Both Amazon and the Google App Engine have tree tiers that mean I can keep playing around with it for free until it gets popular, if it ever does.
Free until September is great, but I'm still not going to go for it until I get a longer term promise than that. Just make the smallest, lowest tier available for free, for good. Then more small startups will start using Azure.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know