EMC's Isilon unit has revved up its product range by adding two systems that use Intel Westmere and Nehalem processors, with more than twice as much file throughput for its top-end S200 system. Big data here we come... Isilon sells scale-out clustered filers, with an S-Series, which is optimised for sheer high-end grunt, a mid- …
Global Shared File System Theory
Boy, that is a whole lot of theoretical limits. Certainly for good journalism : )
I'm not sure where the 144PB comes from, but they are limited to 10.4PB in a single namespace... which is what basically everyone cares about. It doesn't really matter if it's the same cluster if it requires a new namespace. That's as bogus as quoting IOPS from cache on a block array.
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Antique Code Show WTF happened to Pac-Man?
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant
- Study shows dangerous asteroid impacts hit Earth every six months