Adobe Software is accelerating the delivery of new versions of its popular Creative Suite, hoping to keep up with the ever-changing mobile computing market. The company will introduce a mid-cycle update to the Creative Suite family that will ship every 12 months. Mid-cycle releases will let Adobe bring new features to its …
Great to see!
A 6-month turnaround for extra bloat, bugs and security holes.
Now Adobe can r007 your machine twice as much per year, while using 4 times the disk space!
If I want to create an app for iOS, Android, Win7 mobile etc. where else can I code once and deploy on all the smart phone / tablet platforms seamlessly ?
Adobe may be ahead of the curve...
There are a few
But none that cover all platforms consistently. Phonegap, rhomobile, appcelerator titanium, openplug, ansca corona..
seems hard to believe Adobe with a reasonable pricing subscription model ???
does not compute
It won't be *that* reasonable...
For a start they'll apply the statutory Adobe 'not in the US' tax and forget that $1 != £1. They're off on the cost of the monthly licenses too, I don't mind paying a bit more for the convenience of leasing on a per month basis, 30%+ extra pcm takes the piss a bit. Still steps in the right direction I guess. It's worked well for Autodesk.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers