Adobe Software is accelerating the delivery of new versions of its popular Creative Suite, hoping to keep up with the ever-changing mobile computing market. The company will introduce a mid-cycle update to the Creative Suite family that will ship every 12 months. Mid-cycle releases will let Adobe bring new features to its …
Great to see!
A 6-month turnaround for extra bloat, bugs and security holes.
Now Adobe can r007 your machine twice as much per year, while using 4 times the disk space!
If I want to create an app for iOS, Android, Win7 mobile etc. where else can I code once and deploy on all the smart phone / tablet platforms seamlessly ?
Adobe may be ahead of the curve...
There are a few
But none that cover all platforms consistently. Phonegap, rhomobile, appcelerator titanium, openplug, ansca corona..
seems hard to believe Adobe with a reasonable pricing subscription model ???
does not compute
It won't be *that* reasonable...
For a start they'll apply the statutory Adobe 'not in the US' tax and forget that $1 != £1. They're off on the cost of the monthly licenses too, I don't mind paying a bit more for the convenience of leasing on a per month basis, 30%+ extra pcm takes the piss a bit. Still steps in the right direction I guess. It's worked well for Autodesk.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market