In what must be a welcome break from a week of bad news, NBN Co has announced 12 retailers that have signed on to its mainland pilots. The providers – AAPT, AARNet, Comscentre, Exetel, iiNet, Internode, iPrimus, Nextgen Networks, Optus, Platform Networks, SkyMesh and Telstra – include some unexpected names. AARNet, for example …
Ahh Exetel ...
This could be a quick descent into Godwins Law .. don't mention J.Linton
Nextgen is building back haul for the thing.
Skymesh are predominantly a satellite ISP, consequently they will be awaiting the NBN interim satellite solution to be announced in June. The Australian Broadband Guarantee ceases at that time, so of course Skymesh will be a part of the trial, their whole future is dependent upon government subsidies.
This post was sent using a Skymesh satellite connection.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging