For the past several years, virtualized blade server pioneer Egenera has been making a transition from a maker of the BladeFrame blade systems to a software peddler tuning its PAN Manager software to run on other blade boxes. Egenera has finally bagged the big game, now that PAN Manager has been certified on Hewlett-Packard's …
"but unlike those Matrix add-ons, PAN Manager is not tied to HP storage and will work with external storage from other vendors"
Matrix doesnt require HP storage either and will work quite happily with third party storage. There are some additional integrated functions if you do use HP, but there are many installations out there that use non-HP.
I think that was the point. If you want the full Matrix experience, you need HP storage.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- NATO declares WAR on Google Glass, mounts attack alongside MPAA