Feeds

back to article AOL's million dollar man sees 40% dip in compensation

AOL nearly halved its chief executive officer's compensation for the year ended 31 December 2010. Tim Armstrong was handed $15.3m in salary, stock awards and options last year, compared with a hefty $25.5m reward in 2009, according to a regulatory filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission published yesterday. His …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

900 Fired Employees

I'm sure they are all very happy that the poor CEO is slumming it like the rest of them on a mere $15m package this year after he oversaw a mere $782m loss.

Flame

Outrage

It never fails to enrage me hearing about crap like this.

A poor guy down in the engine room gets fired for temporarily taking down a non-mission-critical service due to poor change control...and this MUPPET...probably with a penchant for the words like "synergy", "Vertical markets", "soluitionize"...get paid a whacking great salary *even after* running up a massive loss???

JUST FUCKING FIRE HIM!

just a thought...

But if your CE's annual wage is a measurable percentage of the company's annual loss (roughly 2%), then there's something wrong with your renumeration system. Surely replacing him with someone else would be a better idea - I'd happily do the job for less than a million, and it'd also free up $14 million, which could go towards paying off debt or even keep around 300 employees on the rolls (assuming an average wage of $50k)

WTF?

Only 15mil pa...

...hardly worth getting out of bed for.

This topic is closed for new posts.