IBM has backed the creation of a standards body that comprises 40 "leading cloud organisations" but none of its main rivals in the battle to dominate the next big thing in computing. The Cloud Standards Council was wafted into public view as Big Blue unveiled a slew of cloud products and services and reset its stall to grab [big …
The answer is in the title of the council
They are setting up a council for Open Cloud Computing. Can it be said that Microsot, Oracle and HP are part of the Open Cloud proponents? Mind you the are IBM part of the Open Cloud community?
99.9? They'll be lucky..
...particularly with AIX and Power in the mix.
Seems like IBM inventing a 'standard' differs little from me inventing my own.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?