Welsh scientists are working towards a complete DNA "barcode" record of the country's 1,143 flowering plants. The Barcode Wales initiative forms part of the Barcode of Life plan to establish a database of standardised IDs for all the world's species, comprising a "very short genetic sequence from a standard part of the genome …
Flowers today, people tomorrow..............
They've been using Baa-codes to identify their sheep for a long time so they have plenty of experience.
Oh come on!
Surely as an example you should have used the Daffodil?
mine's the one
with a copy of Gattaca in the pocket...
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER