Welsh scientists are working towards a complete DNA "barcode" record of the country's 1,143 flowering plants. The Barcode Wales initiative forms part of the Barcode of Life plan to establish a database of standardised IDs for all the world's species, comprising a "very short genetic sequence from a standard part of the genome …
Flowers today, people tomorrow..............
They've been using Baa-codes to identify their sheep for a long time so they have plenty of experience.
Oh come on!
Surely as an example you should have used the Daffodil?
mine's the one
with a copy of Gattaca in the pocket...
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it