Welsh scientists are working towards a complete DNA "barcode" record of the country's 1,143 flowering plants. The Barcode Wales initiative forms part of the Barcode of Life plan to establish a database of standardised IDs for all the world's species, comprising a "very short genetic sequence from a standard part of the genome …
Flowers today, people tomorrow..............
They've been using Baa-codes to identify their sheep for a long time so they have plenty of experience.
Oh come on!
Surely as an example you should have used the Daffodil?
mine's the one
with a copy of Gattaca in the pocket...
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS