For one brief shining moment, when it bought Data General a zillion years ago, EMC was a server maker, and last year's acquisition of Greenplum makes it a server vendor (of sorts) once again. More like a data analytics systems integrator, but let's not split hairs. The original Data Computing Appliance, or DCA, was based on Sun …
Gimme that job!
Seriously, I want the job where you think up the names for these devices. It seems any jobsworth can work for a vendor, take some form of halucinatory substance, and then think of a name for a product. You either end up with some rediculous, dozen-word, non-descriptive title (anything marketed by hp), or something Charlie-induced like "Green Plum"! They get paid for that?
Does greenplum still use ZFS?
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack