For one brief shining moment, when it bought Data General a zillion years ago, EMC was a server maker, and last year's acquisition of Greenplum makes it a server vendor (of sorts) once again. More like a data analytics systems integrator, but let's not split hairs. The original Data Computing Appliance, or DCA, was based on Sun …
Gimme that job!
Seriously, I want the job where you think up the names for these devices. It seems any jobsworth can work for a vendor, take some form of halucinatory substance, and then think of a name for a product. You either end up with some rediculous, dozen-word, non-descriptive title (anything marketed by hp), or something Charlie-induced like "Green Plum"! They get paid for that?
Does greenplum still use ZFS?
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month