For one brief shining moment, when it bought Data General a zillion years ago, EMC was a server maker, and last year's acquisition of Greenplum makes it a server vendor (of sorts) once again. More like a data analytics systems integrator, but let's not split hairs. The original Data Computing Appliance, or DCA, was based on Sun …
Gimme that job!
Seriously, I want the job where you think up the names for these devices. It seems any jobsworth can work for a vendor, take some form of halucinatory substance, and then think of a name for a product. You either end up with some rediculous, dozen-word, non-descriptive title (anything marketed by hp), or something Charlie-induced like "Green Plum"! They get paid for that?
Does greenplum still use ZFS?
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- Opinion So, Apple won't sell cheap kit? Prepare the iOS garden wall WRECKING BALL
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)