Fraudsters are seeking to hoodwink small business owners into signing up as money mules. The splendidly named Megatech Service Ltd is seeking "Tier 2" payment processing agents from the ranks of small business owners, their partners, or anyone who otherwise has access to a small business banking account. Would-be marks are …
they could have done 1 better..
And used the punters to decode captchas from other sites to post spam on boards instead of wasting the effort :)
why no honeypots?
why don't banks create a set of honeypot accounts which can be used by legit customers for this sort of transaction (a unique honeypot account number given to a customer on request), that way a very clear trail of where the money came from and went to or even just holding any money transferred into those accounts until it can be returned to its rightful owners
re:why no honeypots
I sincerely doubt that any business who wishes to engage in this type of criminal activity wishes for a "clear trail" of the transactions.
Unfortunately, stuff which seems like a good idea, is probably legally sketchy, and thus require some degree of grey hat involvement. That sort of thing tends to be a non-starter for financial institutions.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- RISE of the Jesus Phone MOUNTAIN: 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion