EMC has announced its acquisition of network security monitoring and analysis platform outfit NetWitness. Financial terms of the deal, announced Monday, were undisclosed. NetWitness helped EMC's RSA division in the aftermath of the latter's high profile hack last month. Post acquisition, NetWitness will become a core component …
Say boys these doors look mighty fine, now the horse has bolted maybe we should get some and close up the stable.
For the Conspiracy Theorists (and Cynics)
EMC: Thanks NetWitness for helping us with our little RSA problem. Now, you're not going to ever tell anyone anything about what really happened, right?
NW: All of our client dealings are naturally confidential, and just in case, our data is protected by 2FA - from RSA, as it happens.
EMC: Uh-huh... (oh shit oh shit oh shit wtf do we do now?)
EMC: Here's a wad of cash. Welcome to the EMC family.
"I liked it so much I bought the Company!"
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16