EMC has announced its acquisition of network security monitoring and analysis platform outfit NetWitness. Financial terms of the deal, announced Monday, were undisclosed. NetWitness helped EMC's RSA division in the aftermath of the latter's high profile hack last month. Post acquisition, NetWitness will become a core component …
Say boys these doors look mighty fine, now the horse has bolted maybe we should get some and close up the stable.
For the Conspiracy Theorists (and Cynics)
EMC: Thanks NetWitness for helping us with our little RSA problem. Now, you're not going to ever tell anyone anything about what really happened, right?
NW: All of our client dealings are naturally confidential, and just in case, our data is protected by 2FA - from RSA, as it happens.
EMC: Uh-huh... (oh shit oh shit oh shit wtf do we do now?)
EMC: Here's a wad of cash. Welcome to the EMC family.
"I liked it so much I bought the Company!"
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Experimental hypersonic SUPERMISSILE destroyed 4 SECONDS after US launched it
- That 8TB Seagate MONSTER? It's HERE... (You'll have to squint, 'cos there are no specs)