back to article Vodafone grabs £7bn, leaves France

Vodafone is selling its minority shareholding in French operator SFR, netting €7.95bn by flogging 44 per cent of SFR and giving Vivendi complete ownership. Vivendi already owns 56 per cent of mobile, fixed-line, broadband and TV supplier SFR, which boasts 20 million customers, but once the deal is completed, Vivendi will own …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. captain veg Silver badge

Pure coincidence

This wouldn't have anything at all to do with Proxad entering the market next year and disrupting the cosy three-way cartel that has been keeping margins nice for the incumbents up until now? I'd sell too, if I had any shares.

-A.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Vodafone

Tax avoiding scum.

1. Andy 97
      Grenade

Genius comment...

Which government arranged this again?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Thumb Down

Hmmm Four Thumbs Down

Looks like the VodaFone PR People have arrived again.

Only one rather cryptic comment about the Government. So its the Government's fault VodaFone didn't pay their tax... of course Vodafone were there with a big bag of cash trying to give the money away to anybody. Of course they were.

Shame on Vodafone.

1. Andy 97
          FAIL

the point is...

A government made the deal with Vodafone for this to happen.

Who's watch did this happen on again?

3. Ian Ferguson
    Thumb Down

Maybe...

Maybe £6bn of that will be paid to HMRC as it should have been.

Oh no wait, sorry, for a moment there I daydreamed that we live in a universe where big corporations have to pay taxes.

4. Chris Haynes
    Thumb Down

An dog on an skateboard

I was going to mention the tax-avoiding scumbag company that Vodafone is, but multiple people have already beaten me to it.

Still, tax-avoiding scumbag company. Pay it to HMRC! etc.

5. Nathan 13

Tax avoiding scum?

Just like anyone who has an ISA, gives to charity via their payroll, pays into a pension, or has ever bought dodgy ciggies, DVDS, fake clothes.. anyone paid a tradesman in cash, or ever done work for cash in hand.

We are all tax avoiding scum really LOL

1. irish donkey
      FAIL

Tax avoiding scum?

You can have an ISA - Restricted amount allowed per year. Used to encourage savings in this country. A good thing for this Country

Buy a dodgy DVD you can be prosecuted/sued.

Buy dodgy ciggies you can be prosecuted.

Paid a tradesman in cash no personal or professional liability incurred. If that tradesman chooses not to pay tax shame on him. And will not be used again.

I don't remember VodaFone letting their customers off their tax liabilities as a sweetener. They charged everybody else the normal tax rate and then kept the money.

And your point is?

2. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

WTF?

Degrees?

6. Chad H.
    Joke

Run Away!

Did the French have to taunt them a second time?

7. Arctic fox
    Grenade

Looking at the interesting down-vote pattern........

......here I am tempted to assume that there are some Vodaphone directors lurking here in the shadows on this thread, apparently as shy about actually *posting* as they are about paying their taxes. Oh and yes, they are of course tax-avoiding scum - now their stealth clad astroturfers can down-vote me as well.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like