Samsung will be handing out Olympic phones to athletes at the 2012 Olympics and Visa will be taking NFC payments from them, but the pair will still need an operator to make it work. The model of phone hasn't been announced, but it will be handed out free to athletes attending the Olympic and Paralympics games and on sale to …
"it will be handed out free to athletes attending the Olympic and Paralympics games and on sale to everyone else."
£5 says there are "second hand" models available in the little phone shops down the Mile End Road before the opening ceremony has even finished!
Samsung, Visa, Vodafone and the IOC working together - interesting.
It's the one with the large aerial coil stitched into the lining.
... so that the athletes can call their dealers.
Thought up in Japan?
I have no desire to lose my cell phone and end up with a $5,000 credit card bill.
Christ, so if I changed operator I might just need to change my credit provider too?
Perhaps these fucks should tell me what toothpaste to use next as well...
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great