Samsung will be handing out Olympic phones to athletes at the 2012 Olympics and Visa will be taking NFC payments from them, but the pair will still need an operator to make it work. The model of phone hasn't been announced, but it will be handed out free to athletes attending the Olympic and Paralympics games and on sale to …
"it will be handed out free to athletes attending the Olympic and Paralympics games and on sale to everyone else."
£5 says there are "second hand" models available in the little phone shops down the Mile End Road before the opening ceremony has even finished!
Samsung, Visa, Vodafone and the IOC working together - interesting.
It's the one with the large aerial coil stitched into the lining.
... so that the athletes can call their dealers.
Thought up in Japan?
I have no desire to lose my cell phone and end up with a $5,000 credit card bill.
Christ, so if I changed operator I might just need to change my credit provider too?
Perhaps these fucks should tell me what toothpaste to use next as well...
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack