Paul Baran, one of the pioneers of packet-switched networking, the basis for the internet, has died in his home in California aged 84. Baran devised the concept at the RAND Corporation, working under contract to the US Air Force. The idea of dispersing data around a mesh-like topology, that required the client node to reassemble …
Hedy Lamarr got there first
Didn't she invent the very similar concept of Frequency Hopping during WW2?
Re: Hedy Lamarr got there first
Frequency Hopping is identical to Packet Switching in every way except all of them.
If I jiggle up and down fast enough my voice get's pitch shifted by the doppler effect. I'd never try to pretend that sitting on a washing machine meant my speech was packet switched.
Try harder next time Timmy!!! :P
That's "Hedley" ... "Hedley Lamarr" ...
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market