The Ministry of Justice is spending £14m on a five-year cloud contract. The Ministry gets to use Savvis's "infrastructure as a service platform". Civil servants will use the platform to run Enterprise Resource Planning, from Steria and Accenture. Some 80,000 people will use the ERP system, which includes a common model for …
Uh oh - what about data containment?
Clouds have by definition fluffy edges..
services they need.....
Bullsh*t statement "it said departments should get virtually instant access to the services they need". It means the supplier will provide the services that they can give which is not the same as what the customer wants.
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU