The Ministry of Justice is spending £14m on a five-year cloud contract. The Ministry gets to use Savvis's "infrastructure as a service platform". Civil servants will use the platform to run Enterprise Resource Planning, from Steria and Accenture. Some 80,000 people will use the ERP system, which includes a common model for …
Uh oh - what about data containment?
Clouds have by definition fluffy edges..
services they need.....
Bullsh*t statement "it said departments should get virtually instant access to the services they need". It means the supplier will provide the services that they can give which is not the same as what the customer wants.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs