Apple developers will be heading to San Francisco in June for a five-day beano of coding and fondle-slabbing. The conference includes stuff for iOS and Mac OS devs and will have over 100 sessions. There will be sneak previews of new features planned for Mac OSX Lion – the eighth big release of the OS. Lion is thought to be well …
Now why did I read that as Tim Curry's Dr Frankenfurter? "Come up to the lab! See what's on the slab!"
Did El Reg get a visit from the WWDC fairy this year, or was the communication you had from apple a one-off mistake?
It sold out already
I guess a lot of people sold a lot of apps
No new iphone? I thought they were normally announced at the WWDC?
No new rumours, at least...
There's no real information either way about the announcement (or not) of a new iPhone model. El Reg's source bases its not very informative article on the speculations of a Gartner analyst whose comments can be boiled down to "well, they usually do that, so they might not this time".
Personally, I tend to put Gartner comments into one of two broad categories:
1. The bleeding obvious
2. Total bollocks
However, they seem to have got wise to this and are branching out into a new category, which I think I'l list as
3. Too woolly to tell
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad