Flipboard, a nifty app that assembles social media feeds into a nicely-presented iPad magazine, is on the funding hustings and looking to capitalise on the now-emerging tech bubble 2.0. According to Wall Street Journal blogger Kara Swisher, “sources close to” the fundraising effort – which could mean informed sources, wild …
I love flipboard personally (rss, twitter and facebook feeds, wrapped up in a nice magazine format, which I now peruse almost daily), but hope that when they go down the ad based route they also offer a paid app version, which would be my personal preference.
A beer for the developers.
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Bring back error correction, say Danish 'net boffins