Google is facing a possible antitrust probe in the state of Ohio, and according to a report citing a person familiar with the matter, Wisconsin is weighing a Google antitrust probe of its own. On Thursday, Bloomberg reported that both states were considering investigations of the web giant. Speaking with The Register, Dan …
maybe offtopic, but how and why does Google know my interests ? Do they read my emails or what ? The ads are 90% relevant when I check my google mail.
Yep, they do
They scan every incoming email and create a list of keywords contained in the email to deliver the relevant ads. It wouldn't surprise me if they also retain that data and compare keywords against keywords from other emails to refine your interests.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...