Number crunchers Nielsen and ComSore have gotten too close to the tech sector. They've hit each other with patent-infringement claims. Nielsen has lodged suit against ComScore, claiming the latter infringed on of its five patents. Nielsen wouldn't comment on the case but directed us to a site here that lists what appears to be …
Prior art, surely ...
I've been using the same techniques to monitor network traffic since before TCP/IP existed ... which was decades before ComScore existed or Nielsen even noticed TehIntraWebTubes. I didn't invent said techniques, mind ... I learned them in College/Uni, and from various mentors after I started working in the private sector.
Tells me all I need to know about either of 'em. To whit: Ignorable :-)
"Patent IP right" in the same league as "the right to well-made breakfast"
"While we support vigorous competition in the marketplace, that competition must be fair and respect intellectual property rights."
In other words, "we don't support vigorous competition in the marketplace" and like to get that well-made breakfast that was promised.
Jerks haven't yet been noticed by the Big Mass of the Tech Sector, I see.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge COMET debris pelting off Mars