Number crunchers Nielsen and ComSore have gotten too close to the tech sector. They've hit each other with patent-infringement claims. Nielsen has lodged suit against ComScore, claiming the latter infringed on of its five patents. Nielsen wouldn't comment on the case but directed us to a site here that lists what appears to be …
Prior art, surely ...
I've been using the same techniques to monitor network traffic since before TCP/IP existed ... which was decades before ComScore existed or Nielsen even noticed TehIntraWebTubes. I didn't invent said techniques, mind ... I learned them in College/Uni, and from various mentors after I started working in the private sector.
Tells me all I need to know about either of 'em. To whit: Ignorable :-)
"Patent IP right" in the same league as "the right to well-made breakfast"
"While we support vigorous competition in the marketplace, that competition must be fair and respect intellectual property rights."
In other words, "we don't support vigorous competition in the marketplace" and like to get that well-made breakfast that was promised.
Jerks haven't yet been noticed by the Big Mass of the Tech Sector, I see.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests