LG has given its thumbs-up to wireless charging. This week, it took the wraps off the prosaically named LG Wireless Charging Pad - model number WCP-700, information completists - and since it's useless with handsets that lack the induction coils and circuitry this kit uses to charge their batteries, we assume LG will be …
...how do I make a call while it's on charge?
I don't get the obsession with wireless charging, at least while it requires the device to be very close to the charger.
call while on charge
That's easy, you go find your gaffer tape to tape the phone to the charger base, then hold the whole lot up to your head (in time to find the person calling you has given up).
Personally I don't see the point of "wireless" where wireless means it has to be closer than a piece of wire. If it works anywhere in a room, then that is fine (a la cordless phone, laptop wifi etc.), but wireless only 1mm from the base?
Except where you can't have electrical connections (like in a toothbrush) FAIL.
And lets not forget it's far less efficient than a wired charger.
LG - Wireless? - USELESS more like.
After the reliability problems of the last LG phone my daughter had, it is unlikely that I shall be getting another.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!