Small and medium businesses generally want reliable, cheap and simple to use storage; not pushing-the-envelope stuff like grid storage. Gridstore hopes to turn that situation around with its $499 1TB filer box which can grow by adding more boxes. Gridstore's NASg is a 1U 1TB or 2TB box that's powered by an Atom processor running …
Awesome price if it works
A few months ago I evaluated a similar system made by Scale Computing which was being marketed as a NAS AND iSCSI SAN alternative, the system worked really well, pull the plug on 1 or 2 boxes and the system stayed up - great for HA purposes.
Even though the system was reasonably price for the entry system (£5000-£10000 for a 3 unit cluster) - but this system is massively cheaper, so if it works, could be a game changer.
Best of luck to them.
It had better ship with comprehensive anti-virus software, being so promiscuous.
There were so many Isilon adverts served with my version of the piece I actually thought I was looking at a new Isilon product!
You guys should look at your advertising policies.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media
- Microsoft refuses to confirm 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- The Register to boldly go where no Vulture has gone before: The WEEKEND