Think of it as the Brangelina of Big Data. DataStax, an open-source startup based in Northern California, has combined Cassandra, the distributed database developed at Facebook, with Hadoop, the epic-number-crunching platform based on Google's backend infrastructure. Known as "Brisk", this Big Data mashup was unveiled on …
When are these guys going to realise that low-latency and realtime are two totally different concepts.
I get that they are looking for the lowest possibly latency for queries, but I don't understand how they expect to gain realtime capabilities with such a big monster.
Will Hadoop be inserting it's objects into Cassandra's containers, or the other way around?
what's with the 'brisk' photo?
It just shows that she's starting to look like her father.
Of course, the same photo taken if the temp was about 20 degrees cooler would have been much more appropriate.
"Big Data"... sigh
This is the buzzword that will take 2011 by storm. Everyone is getting a bit bored with "Cloud", we will now get flooded by articles titled "Big Data".
There are some things about this industry that pisses me off....
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Find using email DIFFICULT? Get someone to install 'Inbox' for you
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...