RIM's PlayBook tablet will be out slightly later than planned. The BlackBerry maker today announced a whole heap of network operators and retailers who will be selling the PlayBook in North America. Curiously, it didn't say when these retail partners will offer the 7in, QNX-running tablet, which RIM promised earlier this year …
Hmm, still a little pricey
I reckon that'll translate to about £400, once you add in the usual 'wrong side of the Atlantic' tax and VAT.
Only 30 quid cheaper than the equivalent iPad (Wifi and 16GB). For a tablet that's got half the screen size... Unless you actually need a tablet with half the screen size, I think this is too expensive. They need to knock another 50 quid or so off.
As cheapest iPad.
Agree it should be cheaper will be interesting to see a review.
That might be a reason for the delay. Earthquakes and stuff.
Change Name From RIM
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence