RIM's PlayBook tablet will be out slightly later than planned. The BlackBerry maker today announced a whole heap of network operators and retailers who will be selling the PlayBook in North America. Curiously, it didn't say when these retail partners will offer the 7in, QNX-running tablet, which RIM promised earlier this year …
Hmm, still a little pricey
I reckon that'll translate to about £400, once you add in the usual 'wrong side of the Atlantic' tax and VAT.
Only 30 quid cheaper than the equivalent iPad (Wifi and 16GB). For a tablet that's got half the screen size... Unless you actually need a tablet with half the screen size, I think this is too expensive. They need to knock another 50 quid or so off.
As cheapest iPad.
Agree it should be cheaper will be interesting to see a review.
That might be a reason for the delay. Earthquakes and stuff.
Change Name From RIM
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity