RIM's PlayBook tablet will be out slightly later than planned. The BlackBerry maker today announced a whole heap of network operators and retailers who will be selling the PlayBook in North America. Curiously, it didn't say when these retail partners will offer the 7in, QNX-running tablet, which RIM promised earlier this year …
Hmm, still a little pricey
I reckon that'll translate to about £400, once you add in the usual 'wrong side of the Atlantic' tax and VAT.
Only 30 quid cheaper than the equivalent iPad (Wifi and 16GB). For a tablet that's got half the screen size... Unless you actually need a tablet with half the screen size, I think this is too expensive. They need to knock another 50 quid or so off.
As cheapest iPad.
Agree it should be cheaper will be interesting to see a review.
That might be a reason for the delay. Earthquakes and stuff.
Change Name From RIM
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad