Those of us who have set up local clouds had to go through a transition period; some systems dedicated, some systems virtualised. For many, running a mix of dedicated and virtual systems proved advantageous. The mad rush to virtualise everything slowed. Low hanging fruit was virtualised yielding beneficial returns. Difficult …
The pendulum swung from big tin & minis to individual PC servers, then back to big-tin-like scheme using multicore PC servers and virtualization.
I predict the spin will try to swing it back to individual servers.
Gotta keep up the hype, gotta keep up the sales.
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory
- NATO declares WAR on Google Glass, mounts attack alongside MPAA