Those of us who have set up local clouds had to go through a transition period; some systems dedicated, some systems virtualised. For many, running a mix of dedicated and virtual systems proved advantageous. The mad rush to virtualise everything slowed. Low hanging fruit was virtualised yielding beneficial returns. Difficult …
The pendulum swung from big tin & minis to individual PC servers, then back to big-tin-like scheme using multicore PC servers and virtualization.
I predict the spin will try to swing it back to individual servers.
Gotta keep up the hype, gotta keep up the sales.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base