Those of us who have set up local clouds had to go through a transition period; some systems dedicated, some systems virtualised. For many, running a mix of dedicated and virtual systems proved advantageous. The mad rush to virtualise everything slowed. Low hanging fruit was virtualised yielding beneficial returns. Difficult …
The pendulum swung from big tin & minis to individual PC servers, then back to big-tin-like scheme using multicore PC servers and virtualization.
I predict the spin will try to swing it back to individual servers.
Gotta keep up the hype, gotta keep up the sales.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK