Those of us who have set up local clouds had to go through a transition period; some systems dedicated, some systems virtualised. For many, running a mix of dedicated and virtual systems proved advantageous. The mad rush to virtualise everything slowed. Low hanging fruit was virtualised yielding beneficial returns. Difficult …
The pendulum swung from big tin & minis to individual PC servers, then back to big-tin-like scheme using multicore PC servers and virtualization.
I predict the spin will try to swing it back to individual servers.
Gotta keep up the hype, gotta keep up the sales.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'