Yahoo! is reportedly close to bagging a new suitor for its bookmarking web property Delicious. A buyout deal of between $1m and $2m has been suggested by a source familiar with the talks, according to Business Insider. The report said it was unclear which "strategic partner" was planning to acquire Delicious, but some have …
Cloudy weather indeed.
Delicious is the one cloudy app I use a lot, besides GMail.
I know I can bulk-export my 4000+ bookmarks using their API, I have a Python script to do so already. But now I need to plan for finding a new home for them. Probably Google Bookmarks, but I dunno if they have a load API.
Well, at least if I can export my data, I'll have it around locally, in case the acquisition results in a paid-for or otherwise unsatisfactory new service from Delicious v2 and I can always work on the loading bit later if needed.
Post your app
You should post your Python script somewhere online. Neither of the methods Delicious gives has worked for me.
Google Bookmarks do have a load API, it's just loaded all mine perfectly fine.
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support