Many organisations will assume that a virtualised desktop is best delivered on a thin client device. However there’s a good case for reusing existing PCs, and not all thin clients are created equal. How should you determine the best client device for your desktop virtualisation solution? There are three main styles of client …
"both of them claim 3-3.5k watts of power usage"
Thin - apart from the 6' heatsink
Thin client double up as room heaters?
"3-3.5k watts of power"
Hope they replace the 13amp sockets with something more suitable.....
Correction We're looking at it - Not using it!
Howcome el Reg is suddenly so keen on desktop virtualisation? It almost seems in danger of becoming an advertising site. To balance it up, how's about an article about the downsides of desktop virtualisation, including covering user experience, reliability, performance, and costs including software licencing.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip