Many organisations will assume that a virtualised desktop is best delivered on a thin client device. However there’s a good case for reusing existing PCs, and not all thin clients are created equal. How should you determine the best client device for your desktop virtualisation solution? There are three main styles of client …
"both of them claim 3-3.5k watts of power usage"
Thin - apart from the 6' heatsink
Thin client double up as room heaters?
"3-3.5k watts of power"
Hope they replace the 13amp sockets with something more suitable.....
Correction We're looking at it - Not using it!
Howcome el Reg is suddenly so keen on desktop virtualisation? It almost seems in danger of becoming an advertising site. To balance it up, how's about an article about the downsides of desktop virtualisation, including covering user experience, reliability, performance, and costs including software licencing.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes