Many organisations will assume that a virtualised desktop is best delivered on a thin client device. However there’s a good case for reusing existing PCs, and not all thin clients are created equal. How should you determine the best client device for your desktop virtualisation solution? There are three main styles of client …
"both of them claim 3-3.5k watts of power usage"
Thin - apart from the 6' heatsink
Thin client double up as room heaters?
"3-3.5k watts of power"
Hope they replace the 13amp sockets with something more suitable.....
Correction We're looking at it - Not using it!
Howcome el Reg is suddenly so keen on desktop virtualisation? It almost seems in danger of becoming an advertising site. To balance it up, how's about an article about the downsides of desktop virtualisation, including covering user experience, reliability, performance, and costs including software licencing.
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence