Business intelligence (BI) is a many-headed beast that has spawned a thousand different analytical applications in areas such as financials, key performance indicators, supply chain and so on. In essence, though, BI is about dipping into data and delivering it for viewing in a relevant format. Diagramming software offers the …
Another fine advert for Visio...
This isn't a workshop but a brazen advert for a product that doesn't come close to resolving the 'thorny' issues of BI.
Who wrote this?
A Microsoft reseller??
Poor advert for data visualisation, anyway
BI professionals tend to look at Stephen Few as setting the standard for good data visualisation. The diagrams in this "article" contain many examples of what he advises NOT to do. Overly busy charts, 3-D diagrams, meaningless comparisons, graphs where tables would show the information more clearly, poorly formatted labels... I could go on and on....
The 2011 BI magic quadrant I have a copy of also has Oracle and QlikTech as leading vendors. Why have they been missed out?
Paris -'cos her magic quadrant has never been credited with intelligence!
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple fell into IBM's arms
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s