back to article Nintendo 3DS smashes advance order record

Nintendo 3DS has become the most pre-ordered console on Amazon, beating the likes of PS3 and Wii, the online retailer has claimed. According to Chris Poad, director of games at Amazon.co.uk, the level of demand demonstrated by advance orders is "unusual" for a handheld console. "Such high levels of interest are normally …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Carol Orlowski

People truely are morons

As everyone I know says it's crap, the 3D is not very 3D.

Of course it's nintendo, and people just buy nintendo, as they know no different.

Anyone else also notice El-Reg's fickle reporting here, when it's referring to PS3, they quote the highest price they can find (RRP usually), yet Nintendo gets the luxury of El-Reg shopping around for you to find the cheapest and less sensational price...

1. James Hughes 1

Not that much shopping around

Given that they have quoted the Amazon price, in an article about, er, Amazon.

2. miknik
      FAIL

Truely <sic> moronic

Everyone you know says its crap? Its not even out here, how do they know? Seeing is believing, spouting unsubstantiated clap trap is, erm, trolling I guess.

3. Ian Yates

Nintendo

"Of course it's nintendo, and people just buy nintendo, as they know no different."

Or they have years of experience of knowing that Nintendo deliver some of the most innovative and fun 1st party games on all of their platforms.

I'm not in any particular camp, but Nintendo (and close partners) do produce some of the most intensely enjoyable games.

2. AlexS
    Pint

Where's todays iPad article?

I'm getting withdraw symptoms....

3. David Wood

Amazon is cheapest

A quick search shows that Amazon is the cheapest retailer by at least a fiver. Perhaps this is why they have massive pre-orders?

4. James Robertson 2
    Thumb Down

Ripoff

Looked ok, but not paying £230, when its only $157 in the USA.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Headmaster

No it isn't

Pay £187 on Amazon UK then. It's $249.99 on Amazon.com. Pretty much equal once you factor out UK VAT (£187=£155.83+20%, $251 at today's rate)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Paris Hilton

Re: Ripoff

What about paying amazon £187 instead, like it says in the article?

3. Colin Miller

From where?

According to Amazon US, it is $250 (minus 1 cent).

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

havn't

I havn't been paying much attention, but is the 3ds region locked? As if it is I can't be bothered getting one until its cracked.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

I await all the post complainig of Nintedos closed system and control freak of a CEO

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like