Feeds

back to article Analyst says white iPhone 4 out next month

The white iPhone 4 may finally lose its rocking-horse-poop rarity next month. We won't believe it until we see it, but according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, of US investment house Concord Securities, the calls he's been putting in to Asian component suppliers and the like suggest the almost mythical handset is going into production …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Joke

Hmmm....

Yellowish one available mid May then?

maybe...

This white iPhone4 is actually going to be the one of the options for the iPhone5, which by my count is due to be announced in a month or two, around about the same time as iOS 5

i cant beleive that is considered newsworthy

Stop press!

Mac fanboi anxiously awaiting that little broken bit on the front of Mac books to appear on iPhones.

:P

Silver badge
Thumb Down

Erm

Given it's probably made out of largely the same materials as the iPad, it's fairly reasonable to assume they could punt out the white iPhone now if they really wanted to..

In fact I find it hard to believe they've realistically taken 9 months (from release, so kindly ignoring the 3-6 month run-up to release) to productionise a white model.

Thumb Down

When is the pink one coming?

If it's already available, apologies. I must have fallen asleep with excitement...

Jobs Horns

No snark, merely a serious question...

What is different about the proposed white iPhone compared with the regular (black?) one? And if there is nothing form/fit/function different, why is this such a big deal to some people? Is it just because of the colour difference?

Not that I would ever buy one as my older (work provided) one still works okay, I am just curious as to why this is such a big deal.

Anonymous Coward

Surely

Anyone who wanted an iphone would've got one by now.

If you're holding out on a device based on colour where the front is about 90% screen, which is what you'll be looking at most of the time, then you probably need a word with yourself.

Silver badge
Happy

You are referring to iPhans who will ...

buy anything 'new' even if it doesn't work properly.

As for having a word with themselves ...they already do, as they read the messages off their little screens.

WTF?

What's the point?

Oh wait, they'll still flog a couple of million before 5 is announced.

WTF?

This is news???

C'mon Reg - this has got to be the best tech site in the world, but to report on a NEW COLOUR of a goddamn phone is just taking the piss.

WTF?

Eh?

'If the white iPhone 4 is out next month, what an "and there's one more thing..." it would make.'

Why? They'd be announcing a year old phone. Again. Unless that sentence is intended to be sarcasm, what am I missing?

Joke

Joke - This is one.

A white iPhone 4.

Wow... what next, a news item relating to blue PC cases?

Who honestly gives a flying crap about what colour the iPhone is, apart from the iSheep?

Silver badge
Jobs Horns

The white iPhone 4

Of course, only the most cynical of readers would believe that releasing the white iPhone 4 is in any way an attempt by Apple to offload excess stocks of the (deservedly) much-maligned Judas Phone to the fanbois before they announce the iPhone 5 a few weeks later.

same time

I expect the White iPhone4 will be released at the same time as the iPhone5 as the cheaper option, like the 8GB 3GS is now?

Seems mad that people would pay top dollar for a phone which will be replaced with a new version is just a few months? Especially as the "new" one is likely to be the same cost, or very similar as the "old" one.

Silver badge
Terminator

s/"cost"/"phone"

Just a quick spellcheck on your post there, Rich.

Coffee/keyboard

sed: -e expression #1, char 16: unterminated `s' command

The post is required, and must contain letters.

Thumb Down

Gosh!

I can barely contain my indifference.

Grenade

Ooh a WHITE iPhone AT LONG LAST!

A white iPhone 4?

/Care_Not!

I cannot believe how much of a fuss is being kicked up over a colour change on an established product!

Perhaps Apple know the fashion mongers will come flocking to buy the same old shit but in a different colour and delay the release of Mother Virgin Jesus Phones for this very reason

Signed: A Black [i]Phone owner

Too many polite ico's

bollox

Happy

Everyone is so indifferent ...

that they feel the need to comment on their indifference!

This topic is closed for new posts.