UK DVR specialist TVonics has introduced its second Freeview HD recorder, this one with a rather more discreet design than the company's first such offering. The "physically durable" metal-cased DTR-Z500HD follows the oblong TVonics design of old making it rather better at slotting into your AV stack than last year's huge DTR- …
Does anyone know if this supports iPlayer?
Does anyone know if this supports iPlayer, network attached media players, and has WIFI?
If so I might just be tempted....
Metal over plastic usually gives nice, high quality, heft, but why again do they insist on such a tall (70mm), narrow, structure? Laptop manufacturers can make machines that pack a lot more in ten times thinner.
Don't they realise that this will likely need to stack with a DVD player, and that people often have limited headroom in their cabinets? At least the old design was squat, and it's not as though the DVD couldn't go on the bottom: no top-loaders these days!
And that horrid USB port, and huge brassy logo, stuck on the front. Really naff. Not very understated British design here - it looks like something Jordan would design.
No wonder people buy Japanese!
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook