back to article Sony starts PS3 imports again

A Dutch court yesterday lifted the injunction banning the import of Sony PlayStation 3s into Europe. LG and Sony have been locked in a patent dispute over BluRay technology. LG won an injunction over a week ago which left PlayStations locked in Dutch warehouses. Dutch law allowed LG to seek a 10-day temporary injunction while …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

I wonder

how many other sites will bother to report this, and just rely on their usual sensationalist one-sided story reporting....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

RE: I wonder

What?

2. Fisher39

Huh?

Nope you've got me there. Is this report of the facts sensational or one sided or is not news-worthy? Or are you congratulating el Reg for the courageous reporting?

/baffled

3. DrXym

Still trying to figure out what LG's inventions were

If you look at the patents in question they appear to describe file structures and data formats for subtitles. That's it. Where's the invention here? I am very surprised that something as trivial and obvious as a file structure can be patented, let alone patented in the EU.

1. MJI Silver badge
      FAIL

That is it - subtitles and file structure.

Sony only invented the bulk of BluRay with Phillips and Matsushita, so they apparently don't matter.

Fail because LG did

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like