A Dutch court yesterday lifted the injunction banning the import of Sony PlayStation 3s into Europe. LG and Sony have been locked in a patent dispute over BluRay technology. LG won an injunction over a week ago which left PlayStations locked in Dutch warehouses. Dutch law allowed LG to seek a 10-day temporary injunction while …
how many other sites will bother to report this, and just rely on their usual sensationalist one-sided story reporting....
RE: I wonder
Nope you've got me there. Is this report of the facts sensational or one sided or is not news-worthy? Or are you congratulating el Reg for the courageous reporting?
Still trying to figure out what LG's inventions were
If you look at the patents in question they appear to describe file structures and data formats for subtitles. That's it. Where's the invention here? I am very surprised that something as trivial and obvious as a file structure can be patented, let alone patented in the EU.
That is it - subtitles and file structure.
Sony only invented the bulk of BluRay with Phillips and Matsushita, so they apparently don't matter.
Fail because LG did
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip