A Dutch court yesterday lifted the injunction banning the import of Sony PlayStation 3s into Europe. LG and Sony have been locked in a patent dispute over BluRay technology. LG won an injunction over a week ago which left PlayStations locked in Dutch warehouses. Dutch law allowed LG to seek a 10-day temporary injunction while …
how many other sites will bother to report this, and just rely on their usual sensationalist one-sided story reporting....
RE: I wonder
Nope you've got me there. Is this report of the facts sensational or one sided or is not news-worthy? Or are you congratulating el Reg for the courageous reporting?
Still trying to figure out what LG's inventions were
If you look at the patents in question they appear to describe file structures and data formats for subtitles. That's it. Where's the invention here? I am very surprised that something as trivial and obvious as a file structure can be patented, let alone patented in the EU.
That is it - subtitles and file structure.
Sony only invented the bulk of BluRay with Phillips and Matsushita, so they apparently don't matter.
Fail because LG did
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search