A Dutch court yesterday lifted the injunction banning the import of Sony PlayStation 3s into Europe. LG and Sony have been locked in a patent dispute over BluRay technology. LG won an injunction over a week ago which left PlayStations locked in Dutch warehouses. Dutch law allowed LG to seek a 10-day temporary injunction while …
how many other sites will bother to report this, and just rely on their usual sensationalist one-sided story reporting....
RE: I wonder
Nope you've got me there. Is this report of the facts sensational or one sided or is not news-worthy? Or are you congratulating el Reg for the courageous reporting?
Still trying to figure out what LG's inventions were
If you look at the patents in question they appear to describe file structures and data formats for subtitles. That's it. Where's the invention here? I am very surprised that something as trivial and obvious as a file structure can be patented, let alone patented in the EU.
That is it - subtitles and file structure.
Sony only invented the bulk of BluRay with Phillips and Matsushita, so they apparently don't matter.
Fail because LG did
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't