Feeds

back to article Tablet hype brings e-book readers a more merry Xmas

E-book readers appear to have sold better during 2010 than some analysts anticipated, if new numbers from market watcher IDC are anything to go by. IDC today said some 12.8m e-book readers shipped during 2010 - more than 6m of then in the Christmas quarter alone. That total is 18.5 per cent up on the 10.8m units IDC forecast …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

No surprise there.

They started selling the on the High Street last year. It must make a difference when punters can actually see them.

no no no

Tablets are not ebook readers and vice versa... stop making comparisons when there aren't any.

Troll

very easy to compare

e-reader: I wanted one (and bought one)

fondleslab: meh.

Silver badge
Thumb Up

Seconded

You might as well say that increasing sales of mobile phones will increase sales of landline phones. They may share some use cases but there are more differences than similarities.

quite

and I bought one too. But it isn't a tablet, nor do I ever want it to be. Just as tablets are not ebook readers, they just pretend to be. I can read ebooks on my desktop PC, but that isn't an ebook reader either.

For the great unwashed

I doubt most people will see the difference.

sadly true

Which is why so many will be disappointed when their shiny (screen) tablet just isn't any good as a reader

This topic is closed for new posts.