Hewlett Packard is constructing a NZ$60 million data centre in Auckland, New Zealand as part of the vendor’s billion dollar global rollout programme for HP data centres. The 500m2 facility located outside of Auckland in Tuakau is expected to open in March 2012. HP enterprise services country manager Gavin Greaves said the …
Low risk of natural disaster?
Auckland is not that far from Christchurch !
Auckland isnt that for from Christchurch - On whose scale?
Just for reference there is aprox 470 miles between Auckland and Christchurch and Christchurch is on a differnt island from Auckland
Yes, most of New Zealand sits on the pacific 'Ring of Fire' fault line and has earthquakes
but England isnt immune to earthquakes either...
Where the next disaster will strike - Who knows... it is a role of the die - wanna try and predict the next one? I most certainly dont!
Not that far... On whose scale?
By the sound of your post you seem to think Auckland and Christchurch are next door neighbours.
There is aprox 450 miles between Auckland and New Zealand and it is on a different island (South Island)
Auckland isnt free from earthquakes, as isnt the UK - I agree that the UK doesnt sit apon the 'Pacific 'ring of Fire' fault line, but if a disaster is going to strike, it's really just a role of the die to where its going to strike.
Don't make me laugh.
1. Auckland is still in an active volcanic zone, a new vent could open just about anywhere around Auckland just about any time. Ask NZ Civil Defence they have plans in place for various scenarios.
2. I hope it's tropical cyclone proof.
3. Auckland is just as much at risk of earthquakes as low risk places, like oh, Christchurch was believed to be until just recently.
Conclusion: the 'low risk of natural disasters' quote was written to keep their insurance quotes down. An offshore insurer one presumes. Also I wouldn't want their air conditioning bill in an Auckland summer.
500 square metres?
What is it - built on a tennis court! - 500m squared is only 22m x 22m
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Nobody wants to look at your boobs: Snapchat gets ads 'that interest you'
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun