ATA over Ethernet (AoE) protocol in the storage environment makes an interesting alternative to iSCSI and Fibre Channel. Although it is not routable, it can be made routable and thereby also independent of Ethernet itself. AoE is a light, layer 2 protocol integrated with Ethernet frames, which makes it ideal for work inside LAN …
This is an excellent piece of independent research, and could have some significant benefits for large Private Cloud deployments.
Unfortunately, no funding to continue...
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching
- 'New Stuxnet': Government-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON 'Regin' described
- The next big thing in medical science: POO TRANSPLANTS