ATA over Ethernet (AoE) protocol in the storage environment makes an interesting alternative to iSCSI and Fibre Channel. Although it is not routable, it can be made routable and thereby also independent of Ethernet itself. AoE is a light, layer 2 protocol integrated with Ethernet frames, which makes it ideal for work inside LAN …
This is an excellent piece of independent research, and could have some significant benefits for large Private Cloud deployments.
Unfortunately, no funding to continue...
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star