ATA over Ethernet (AoE) protocol in the storage environment makes an interesting alternative to iSCSI and Fibre Channel. Although it is not routable, it can be made routable and thereby also independent of Ethernet itself. AoE is a light, layer 2 protocol integrated with Ethernet frames, which makes it ideal for work inside LAN …
This is an excellent piece of independent research, and could have some significant benefits for large Private Cloud deployments.
Unfortunately, no funding to continue...
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE