ATA over Ethernet (AoE) protocol in the storage environment makes an interesting alternative to iSCSI and Fibre Channel. Although it is not routable, it can be made routable and thereby also independent of Ethernet itself. AoE is a light, layer 2 protocol integrated with Ethernet frames, which makes it ideal for work inside LAN …
This is an excellent piece of independent research, and could have some significant benefits for large Private Cloud deployments.
Unfortunately, no funding to continue...
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Review iPhone 6: Hey, looking good slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia