China's own Twitter, Sina Weibo, is planning to almost double its staff. The microblogging service already has 100 million users, and is adding 10 million every month, but that's not enough for the company which intends to be bigger than Twitter. Not that Twitter is the competition in China; it isn't permitted in a country …
"Chinese twitter" sounds like a child's game...
In which the first kid whispers a message of 140 characters or less into the ear of the next kid along, and by the time the tweet has made its way to the end of the line, somehow it's turned into an advert for viagra and a bit.ly shortened link.
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat