China's own Twitter, Sina Weibo, is planning to almost double its staff. The microblogging service already has 100 million users, and is adding 10 million every month, but that's not enough for the company which intends to be bigger than Twitter. Not that Twitter is the competition in China; it isn't permitted in a country …
"Chinese twitter" sounds like a child's game...
In which the first kid whispers a message of 140 characters or less into the ear of the next kid along, and by the time the tweet has made its way to the end of the line, somehow it's turned into an advert for viagra and a bit.ly shortened link.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Thought your Android phone was locked? THINK AGAIN