China's own Twitter, Sina Weibo, is planning to almost double its staff. The microblogging service already has 100 million users, and is adding 10 million every month, but that's not enough for the company which intends to be bigger than Twitter. Not that Twitter is the competition in China; it isn't permitted in a country …
"Chinese twitter" sounds like a child's game...
In which the first kid whispers a message of 140 characters or less into the ear of the next kid along, and by the time the tweet has made its way to the end of the line, somehow it's turned into an advert for viagra and a bit.ly shortened link.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- VMware reveals 27-patch Heartbleed fix plan