China's own Twitter, Sina Weibo, is planning to almost double its staff. The microblogging service already has 100 million users, and is adding 10 million every month, but that's not enough for the company which intends to be bigger than Twitter. Not that Twitter is the competition in China; it isn't permitted in a country …
"Chinese twitter" sounds like a child's game...
In which the first kid whispers a message of 140 characters or less into the ear of the next kid along, and by the time the tweet has made its way to the end of the line, somehow it's turned into an advert for viagra and a bit.ly shortened link.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL