The Australian Senate has passed legislation that would afford the same protection to bloggers, independent media and “citizen journalists” as is enjoyed by journalists. An amendment to the “shield laws” debated in the Senate yesterday won’t keep people out of court, according to Greens’ Senator Scott Ludlam, but will allow …
Whilst im not a fan of all of the policies he puts forward, he at least seems to put things forward that he believes are in the interest of the public in general, and to actually force things through, rather then the usual bollocks from the political parties. We need more independents in parliament and less party politicians!
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL