A UK teenager who ran a prolific cybercrime forum from home has been jailed for five years. Nick Webber, 19, maintained the Ghostmarket.net market which boasted 8,000 memberships and facilitated a range of crimes including the sale of stolen credit card and personal details. Police recovered the details of thousands of credit …
'ran a prolific cybercrime forum from HOME'
Well, what did you expect?
He IS a schoolboy.
Webber/N2C was an idiot who thought he was untouchable. He hosted the website on Amazon hosting using carded accounts. He said and I quote "it can't be raided because it's in the cloud"
He was an arrogant buffon, his best friend also posted pictures of himself on the forum that clearly showed his face and a handful of fake credit cards.
# I won't deny, her scripts don't lie #
Giving people ideas
Probably best not to describe the M.O. of how to run a fraudulent forum in the comments section of the Register though, eh?
This must be the first time in modern history that something interesting has happened in Southsea...
Is that like a big British vacation spot or something? From looking at where it is on the wikipedia article, it seems they could have made a better choice of where to flee to.
World Wide Webber Nicked
I swear I was just looking for ghost meerkats, officer.
- JLaw, Kate Upton EXPOSED in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NUDE PHOTOS hack