You know how when you call a help desk or customer service number they have that short ‘this call may be recorded’ message? Have you ever wondered what they do with the recordings? I always figured they played them at company parties as jokes, or that they had ‘Can you top this?’ contests with one another: “OK, get this: Last …
This call might/will/may be recorded?
On a strict interpretation of English, "This call may be recorded .. " is a granting of permission for the caller to make an audio recording of the call. It's almost an invitation or suggestion :)
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?