You know how when you call a help desk or customer service number they have that short ‘this call may be recorded’ message? Have you ever wondered what they do with the recordings? I always figured they played them at company parties as jokes, or that they had ‘Can you top this?’ contests with one another: “OK, get this: Last …
This call might/will/may be recorded?
On a strict interpretation of English, "This call may be recorded .. " is a granting of permission for the caller to make an audio recording of the call. It's almost an invitation or suggestion :)
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging