You know how when you call a help desk or customer service number they have that short ‘this call may be recorded’ message? Have you ever wondered what they do with the recordings? I always figured they played them at company parties as jokes, or that they had ‘Can you top this?’ contests with one another: “OK, get this: Last …
This call might/will/may be recorded?
On a strict interpretation of English, "This call may be recorded .. " is a granting of permission for the caller to make an audio recording of the call. It's almost an invitation or suggestion :)
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...