Twitter has axed the highly popular parody account of a counterfeit Steve Jobs. The tweeter, @ceoSteveJobs, had a following of more than 460,000 Twitterati, GeekSmack reported on Tuesday night when revealing the account suspension, and @ceoSteveJobs had contributed more than 650 satirical tweets in the persona of the Apple chief …
Forget the threatening etc etc clause, and look back up the list...
"who knowingly and without consent credibly impersonates.." anyone that thought coeSteveJobs was really St Jobs is obviously a gibbering idiot likely to buy over-hyped fashion technology items... Oh... Yes, I see the problem.
Anyway, everyone knows that the real St Steve speaks to people through messages on toasted cheese sandwiches.
More than 460,000 Twitterati?
Probably more than the real Steve Jobs.
censor censor censor
What so even obvious parody and humour is to be censored in our brave new world.
Can't take the piss out of the rich and powerful. On no, can't have that. Lets keep subverting the law to sideline any form for parody. Soon we won't even be able to mention the person or company the parody is of, for fear of violating various copyright & other IP laws. :(
...without some other distinguishing word, such as 'not,' 'fake,' or 'fan'.
mmmh... so SteveJobsFan is allowed.
Perhaps someone can replace "Fan" by "AirBlower" or "FullOfHotAir", it's almost similar after all...
Stop impersonating me!
Why don't you imposters start your own empires?
Sent from my iSlab.
(Authenticity of this message not guaranteed in California.)
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones