Morgan Stanley was hit by a “very sensitive” breach to its network by the same attackers who penetrated computer systems maintained by Google and dozens of other companies, according to leaked emails reviewed by Bloomberg News. The emails came from California-based HBGary, which suffered a major compromise of its own at the …
HBgary fails again? Their rep is way down the drain
This is just another hit on the reputation of HBgary and the gullibility of IT managers of HBgary's reputed infallibility. Sounds like that technique that many of us experience - run this free anti-viru test then they try to sell you a program.
Perhaps the SEC should check up on trading emanating from China and HongKong to see if there were unusual trades following these intrusions.
Is the laughing stock of the computer world. I would take anything they say with a very large pinch of salt.
HBGary didn't "say" anything
In case you misunderstood the entire point of the article, this information was culled from the large stock of emails from the HBGary internal email system which was compromised during a strong attack by Anonymous (linked in the article).
computer systems penetrated ?
What desktop computer OS are we not supposed to mention here ?
actually you'll find a lot more linux desktops at morgan stanley than most other institutions.
Not to mention...
...that part of the HBGary hack was performed thanks to an unpatched escalation privilege hole on a Linux box.
I am very much NOT platform-agnostic, I am even a rabid *NIX fanboy, but I can recognise a stone in my garden when I see one. That's a prerequisite when you want to avoid history repetition...
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp