back to article Facebook flick wins three Oscars

The King's Speech beat Facebook flick The Social Network to grab the best picture prize at the Oscars on Sunday night. The tale of the reluctant king overcoming his stutter also earned Colin Firth a best actor award, making him the first Brit since Anthony Hopkins in 1992 to pick up the coveted gong. The King's Speech also …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So

what did she swear she was going to do?

2. Roger Greenwood
    Thumb Up

"and best original screenplay"

There fixed that for you.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Facebook thing

I got dragged along to the facebook film (I'm not an American and refuse to call these things "movies"). Hated every second of it; irritating characters, a not-very-interesting story, yuk. Oddly, all the non-techies I went with loved it!

Mind you, it wasn't helped by my wife saying "you're just like that!". Oh, thank you darling, I love you too.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

all awards seem correctly given out...

i really enjoyed inception and the Kings speech, both excellent in their own ways,

The last Airbender was complete shite, which is a shame since normally i like his films, but that is the way it goes sometimes.

More films please - praise the gods of Orange wednesdays, booo to their roaming charges though :(

5. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Shurely shome mishtake?

"worst eye-gouging misuse of 3-D"

Shurely "best misuse" or "worst use"? "Worst misuse" sounds like they almost got it right!

6. jake Silver badge

::yawns::

Does anyone with a life of their own care?

7. Billa Bong
    Thumb Down

Facebook got oscars?

Unlike! Unlike!!!

8. Tim 11
    FAIL

the facebook film

I guess it's just part of the dumb mantra that everything about facebook is the future and must be applauded, but this film really is just a vanity pic made by, for, and about, zuckerberg.

It's about as realistic as "war games" was in 1983. don't waste 2 hours of your life sitting through this drivel.

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: the facebook film

"by"?

2. Neoc

HEY!....

I *enjoyed* WarGames - and I was into computers back then, could pick out the mistakes, and I *still* enjoyed it.

I didn't mind the sequel either - except for one "slap in the face" moment towards the end, it was better-than-average Hollywood Cyber-fare.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Facts, Anyone?

"...making him the first Brit since Anthony Hopkins in 1992..." Err... Daniel Day Lewis for There Will Be Blood in 2008?

1. Iain 14
      Grenade

Facts can be awkward things...

Daniel Day-Lewis is a tricky one, as he has dual British/Irish nationality. Although born in the UK, he has been known to get upset at being called a "Britsh" actor, and as a result the news reports of his Oscar win were often rather cautiously worded...

This topic is closed for new posts.